Things got weird after I parked a domain

Hi guys,
so I finally got a domain for my website.
but now, for some reason, things got weird.

• When I access my site via the original 000webhostapp URL - the site works just fine.
  • When I access my site via the new, short domain - the site won’t show any icons (mostly those from Font Awesome).

Does anyone have a reason why?
P.S. I will mention it’s a Wordpess Site.

Thanks guys :grin:

In Wordpress settings, general, where it shows your site URL, replace the text in the two boxes with “http://yourdomain.com” with HTTP ONLY.

1 Like

Your’e a magician, it works like magic!
One more thing: chrome says my website isnt safe when im going to the new domain. I think i’ve set it up wrong. What can I do?
Needless to say it is 000webhost hosting

No, you haven’t set it up wrong. Chrome doesn’t like it when websites aren’t secured with a SSL certificate. 000webhost doesn’t offer SSL for custom domains, so Chrome will tell you that it is insecure. You can just disregard the message.

Its seems super sketchy when you go into this website that as huge warning at the entrance.
There’s nothing i can do?
Btw, will it affect google index of my site?

It seems that way, but only because Google is super uptight about security. HTTPS is becoming the new standard, and even free. But, it is hard to generate certificates for domains that are attached and removed at random, like custom domains, so this feature is not yet available. Once we get it enabled, this message will not appear anymore. For the time being, there is nothing you can do about it.

It will not affect your google site ranking, it just may make it harder to index because google lists HTTPS sites before HTTP. You will still be able to access your site from google.