Joomla installation and DB question

Hello. I have some problems to setup joomla and understand the right way to setup my website. I already use the unzipper and i extract the joomla 1.5.4 in the web but i have an error message when enter to site to continue installation and setup. (Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in /storage/h7/867/1162867/public_html/administrator/includes/framework.php:21 Stack trace: #0 /storage/h7…)
I see some info in forum about the version of joomla we can use, and thats why i use 1.5.4 (i was usually use 1.5.23)
My 1st question is, is the joomla version right?
2nd, im in confuse, lets say joomla works… before i run installation of joomla must make a database and when i setup joomla, in 4th step you can setup the name and the pass of database and need to give the same names etc? What must do about that? After step4 in joomla and setting the database all is fine? database maded already? Pls give me the right way.
3nd, if i use in my computer winxp and make a server with apachee, and use a joomla … and make a website in folder htdocs, can i zip it and upload it ? i belive it cant work cos its sure there will be a not right connection with database even i export it and import it in 000webhost database. Must forget that way ?
thx

You can setup MySQL under databases and make a database/user for Joomla to use and give it the details under the installation script.

1 Like

Well… thx for your time, but now after joomla disapointing, i clean up the website and install Wordpress as the 000webhost suggests. It end 100% and also database already automaded. I try to connect to wordpress admin but i got 404 error, after that i wait some minutes cos maybe database is not ready for sure, but i got the same prob again after some time. What can i do now?
Also i never have use Wordpress but i think i can try it, maybe its not so difficult for me cos i know how joomla works… but now i cant even try use it.
Did i connect wrong? after website domain i add /admin/ or /administrator/ …right?

Not sure what are the errors looking like?

Yesterday i was having a message “error 404” with small fonts… now i check and i see “Error establishing a database connection” with large fonts. The database have maded when i was install wordpress as the 000webhost suggests. If i add /admin or /administrator after website name, i got a msg “404”

Can you screenshot your manage database page as well as your config script

you mean the phpadmin or the name of DB?

That is your WordPress data where is your Joomla database?

i am also having same problem when i was setting up my happy-mothersday.net on joomla then i have to set up this blog on wp…

So are you still installing Joomla?

No, i was try to install Wordpress. i was clean all allready. Im stuck here…
So my question is, 1st i make database and 2nd i install wordpress?
or first i install wordpress?

wp-admin is the admin menu for wordpress.